Competition General Notes for Athletes
- Be at staging tent 10 min before your heat start time (see heat schedule for report time). You must report to staging tent before entering competition floor.
- Have all of your gear ready and with you for each WOD. Once you enter competition floor, you cannot leave until WOD is over.
- Review any questions on WODs with staging tent WODaMania judges. No detailed questions about WODs once you are at your lane with your judge.
- Check your team and heat number on your WOD score sheet for consistency.
- Verify your rep counts, weight amounts lifted, times and your final scores before signing your score sheet. Once a score sheet is signed, it is final.
- Any disputes or concerns need to be brought to head judges, not lane judges.
- Your judge is your friend and 3rd teammate – do not argue with lane judge during WOD. Keep moving. Resolve any disputes after WOD is complete.
- Allow WODaMania volunteers to organize and setup lane equipment prior to your WOD.
- When your WOD is complete, step to the side to review and sign your score sheet with lane judge. Allow volunteers to organize equipment and setup for the next heat.
- CrossFit standards apply for all movements in WODs. Review the standards on CrossFit website as necessary.
Warm-up Area Notes
- Athletes will be provided sufficient equipment to warm-up.
- Equipment will not be available to warm-up all movements (no rig).
- Please use warm-up equipment carefully to prevent injury and respect the equipment.
- Do not place or move any equipment into the sand.
- Keep all equipment on the rubber mats – no equipment on the pavers directly.
- Share the available equipment between teams and give teams with earlier heat time priority to warm-up.
- Athletes are NOT allowed to perform any rig movement warm-ups in their lane prior to their heat time. No exceptions.
- Do not drop a loaded barbell from over-head with bumpers less than 25#. Please use clips for all warm-up barbell lifts.